Saturday, May 2, 2015

Mother's Day Inspiration {Mommy's Wish List}

Pin It Now!






I truly love being a mom.  For as long as I can remember I have dreamed of being a wife and mom.  When I was little (okay, and not so little) one of my favorite things to do was to play with my baby dolls.  I loved changing their clothes, pretend bathing them, swaddling them, etc.  One of my best friends lived next door and we would get the dollies together for play dates and hash out our daily trials of being moms.  HA! Talar, if you're reading this, hurry up and have babies so we can pick up where we left off.  ;)

A few months after returning to work after having Ayden, a coworker made a comment that has stuck with me.  She has worked with me for over ten years and said to me, "I have to tell you; you have blossomed since becoming a mom.  Your happiness has grown so much and it just radiates from your face.  You seem blissful."  She hit the nail on the head.  I am blissful.  I have perma-bags under my dark-circled eyes along with constantly messy hair and clothes, so the fact that she finds me radiant in any way is comical, but I am completely content in my role as wife and mom.  It's like I've finally landed my dream job.  Only it's not a job, it's a privilege.

I absolutely love all thing feminine and soft and have had my eye on so many pretties lately.  It occurred to me that lots of people out there may be at a loss when it comes to tokens of appreciation for the moms in their lives.  Hopefully these will provide some inspiration.  Now, go give your mom a hug!  =)


source
Luxe De Mer "Beach Beauty"  I am head over heels in love with Luxe De Mer..  I found this skincare line through the lovely Amanda at Marshalls Abroad and I'm hooked.  Their rosewater toner is addicting (is it weird that I crave the smell of it??) and their oil cleanser makes my face feel like velvet.  I'm dying to try their Jasmine Body Polish.  I love that they are a local small company, too!



source
PlumPrettySugar floral robe: These are sure not your grandma's floral robe!  PlumPrettySugar gets alllll the heart eyes.  Everything in their line is so lovely and feminine.  I'm also loving this adorable tote/eye mask/headband set.




source
Honest Company soy candle: I'm on a total jasmine kick right now, and I'm willing to bet this gardenia jasmine candle smells divine.  As far as I'm concerned, Honest Company can do no wrong.  I adore all of their products!  I recommend their stuff to everyone who will listen and I'm not ashamed to sound like an infomercial.  ha!



source
Birthstone necklace: I have a serious thing for jewelry... necklaces in particular.  A lovely tribute to mom would be a keepsake of some sort with babe's birthstone.





Custom name necklace:  Hubby surprised me with this gorgeous custom necklace for my birthday this year.  I looooooove it!  Each of Zella's custom pieces are hand stamped and painstakingly polished to perfection.  I love that I get to wear my son's name so close to my heart.




source
Her favorite flowers - lots of them: There is nothing wrong with the timeless classic of gifting flowers.  Moms love flowers!  I don't know a mom anywhere who wouldn't love to get a few bunches of her favorite flowers to place around the house.  Hit your farmer's markets and you will find a variety of the best in-season blooms.  Some of my absolute favorites, peonies, are in season right now - yaaaay!  Think big, fluffy, feminine bouquets with hydrangeas, peonies, ranunculus, lilies...




source
Letter Stud earrings: I know, more jewelry, but are these the cutest?!  Anthro does it again (everything there is perfection, let's face it).  Super cute idea, and would be so fun to get mom the letters of all the loves in her life.




source
Framed photos:  Print photos of some of mom's favorite memories and frame them in lovely frames like these beauties from Anthropologie.  Moms love nothing more than showing off their sweet ones!

I hope you find this list helpful.  Remember, celebrating Mom doesn't mean spending like crazy.  Think of how much she would love getting a handmade card from the kids, breakfast in bed, an interruption-free bubble bath...  the possibilities are endless.

XO!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note. I read and appreciate each one and will answer here. XO