Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mother's Day {Feeling Loved}

Pin It Now!

What a difference a year makes!  Look how much my sweet babe has grown since last Mother's Day:


I had such a lovely Mother's Day.  My sweet hubby surprised me with the yoga pants I've had my eye on - woohoo!  (time to step up my yoga game...Ha!)  We did a repeat of last year's Mother's Day adventures.  I adore Los Olivos, a tiny little town about 30 miles north of us in the Santa Ynez Valley.  It's home to Clairmont Farms, a beautiful family-owned lavender farm tucked away in wine country.  It's one of my favorite places.  When I married the love of my life we had sachets of dried lavender from their farm as favors for our guests and to this day I still have people tell me how much they love theirs.




Peek-a-boo, Belly! =D



After visiting the lavender farm we went into town and stopped at our favorite spot, Enjoy Cupcakes in the Sarloos & Sons tasting room.  We love this little spot and Ayden of course loved his cupcake treat and sitting at the special tiny table, just like he did for his birthday.


These two!  I can't even... <3
Just outside the tasting room is an open grassy area where energetic one-year-olds can run free.  A couple of other kids were playing there and Ayden so badly wanted to crash their game of tag ;)  He was determined to walk all over town and was quite unhappy with me when I wouldn't let him run out into the street.  I'm such a mean mom like that.

My must-see spot when we are in the area is Los Olivos General Store.  This darling little shop has a bit of everything, from kitchen goods to kids' books to eclectic jewelry.  I found a candle there that smells like gardenias, aka Heaven, so had to grab that up.  I had it lit the minute we got home and the whole house smelled divine!





My sweet boys are the light of my life!  I'm so incredibly blessed to be theirs.  My loves spoil me each and every day and Mother's Day was no exception.  What a lucky girl I am :)

Taking photos with a toddler is so easy... said no one ever.


Before I close, I realized I forgot to include a very special Mother's Day gift idea to my Wish List post!  For my birthday this year my sweet daddy surprised me with a gorgeous custom wood and glass wall hanging.  It is seriously so so beautiful!  The heart is layered fused glass with my sweet boy's face on it.  This would be such a lovely gift for Mother's Day, mom's birthday, baby's first birthday, Valentine's Day, Christmas, you name it!  After I pushed and prodded, he decided to open an Etsy shop - YAY!  These custom wall hangings can be found here.  AND, because I love ya, if you mention that you found his shop through my blog you will get 15% off of your order!  Woohoo!



Have a great week!  XO


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note. I read and appreciate each one and will answer here. XO