Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Weekendin'

Pin It Now!

We had a very relaxing weekend after an eventful Easter weekend/week with our besties.  I took a vacation day on Thursday, their last day in town, and it was so great to get to spend time with them.  We ate lunch at one of our favorite sushi restaurants and Ayden tried teriyaki chicken for the first time.  We may have created a monster there ;)  After lunch we went into Lululemon and I fell in love with some camo print capri yoga pants and a fabulous yoga jacket, to the tune of a cool $216 for the pair.  Why do I do this to myself?

After shopping, Marianne and I got to sneak away for some girl time and got mani-pedis at Aqua.  It has been sooooo long since I actually got a mani-pedi and I felt like a new woman afterward!!  I've totally been pulling the "I can't cuz I'll wreck my mani" card, too, because I want my beautiful nails to last as long as possible.  :D  We regrouped after our spa treat and had a fun dinner at Petrini's where Noah and Piper took selfies with Ayden and played peek-a-boo in the booths while the grown-ups ate.





On Saturday Ayden spent some time at Hubby's parents' house and we got to go on a kid-free ice cream and shopping date.  I love getting to spend quality time with my man and actually hold his hand when we're walking around :)  Ayden had fun playing with Lita and his Abuelito took him to meet the horses near the house.  He must've had a lot of fun because he was sure tired when we got him home!

Sunday we went to the zoo - and boy was it!  It was Kid's Day and it was complete chaos.  The crowds were unbelievable!  Ayden and Daddy slid down the hill while Mommy recorded.... and all was fun and games until Ayden got to the bottom of the hill and his box tipped over.  Face plant!  He bit his lip and was so sad.  Momma still feels horrible ='(  He didn't want to go back down the hill after that (who can blame him) so we moved on and went to go see the giraffes.  There's a brand new baby giraffe that we got to see for the first time and she is SO cute!!!  She was the "tiny" one of the bunch - standing at 6 feet 4 inches tall - and was staying close to her momma.  Such a cutie!  Next time we are there I promise I'll get some photos of her.

Okay, last Momma brag moment before I go...  Ayden learned how to sign "more" this weekend!  Now whenever he has gobbled up all this food he puts his hands together to sign "more" and is so proud of himself!  This morning he was doing it when he wanted bagel instead of the eggs he had on his tray ;) Stinker!
Hopefully this video will work:



Hope you have a great week!
XO




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note. I read and appreciate each one and will answer here. XO